Sunday, May 13, 2007

Increasing Energy Efficiency


On Saturday morning I went to the Living Green Expo at OMSI. One of the lecturers there made the point that reducing the overall "energy footprint" of the house should be the first step, before considering alternative energy sources. So I decided that my most sensible move would be to replace my 15-year-old refrigerator with a more energy efficient model. Most of my other appliances are newer and so they are more efficient already, and most of the light bulbs in my house are compact flourescents.

I spent the afternoon looking at refrigerators, and then I bought a new Energy Star rated, efficient fridge. It will be delivered on Tuesday.

(Oh, I almost forgot. Today I also bought locally grown food at the Hillsdale Farmers' Market.)

No comments: