Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A New Dish From The Garden


I made an effort today to eat a light lunch using vegetables from my own garden. First I made a large salad with four different kinds of lettuce, spinach, arugula, chives, and radishes. Then I stir-fried some bok choy in sesame oil with some ground ginger and cayenne pepper, and I used a little Soy Vay Wasabiyaki as a dipping sauce. I have never tried this combination before, I was just trying to think up something using ingredients I already had in the house and garden. But it was a great discovery, so I am definitely going to make that again.

Also, my new energy-efficient refrigerator arrived today. According to the Energy Star site, "ENERGY STAR qualified refrigerators require only about half as much energy as models manufactured before 1993." My old refrigerator was at least that old, so this should provide a good savings of electricity.

No comments: